Would you like to know how to make a diaper cake? You may be surprised at how simple these are to create.
Here are the ingredients for how to make a diaper cake with multiple tiers:
* A large pack of size 1 or size 2 diapers - It's better to have more diapers than you need than not enough. You can always slip the extras in a gift bag and give them to the mother to be.
* Clear rubber bands - Small rubber bands are needed to wrap around the individual diapers, and larger rubber bands to wrap around the cake tiers.
* A base for the cake - This can be as simple as a piece of cardboard covered in coordinating baby wrap. Plastic sandwich platters (for example, from Subway party platters), also work well for this purpose. No matter what you use, make sure it is sturdy.
* A wooden dowel cut to the same size as the cake - This will hold the tiers togethers. You will not need this item if you are wanting to keep things simple and make only a one tier cake. You can also use baby bottles instead to hold the cake layers together.
* Wide ribbon - This is used to cover up the rubber bands and to decorate the outside of the tiers.
* Decorations for the cake - Just about anything you can find in the baby department at your local store will work here, including bibs, pacifiers, baby socks, and stuffed animals. Confetti strips, die cut shapes, and artificial flowers are also good embellishments.
* Double-sided tape or other adhesive - This is used to secure the wide ribbon around the cake tiers.
In our next post, we will provide step by step instructions of how to make a diaper cake.
photo credit: tierrific!
You might also enjoy these related articles from Diaper Cakes Buzz: